So I am the worst blogger and communicator on Earth. However, I updated my blog and made it really pretty and I'll be an exceptional blogger for the next few weeks to make up for it. A special apology to my #1 follower, Jack. I have wonderful new posts in the works though so I will try my hardest to make up for it. Here's what you loyal, wonderful blog followers have missed:
Also sidenote about the picture that is now part of my title. I took this picture and it is one of my all time favorite pictures. It perfectly captures what Jerusalem is. The big wall that you can see is the Western Wall so all of those people in the corner praying are Jews there to pray, read scripture, and worship. Behind the Western Wall, one of the most sacred Jewish sites, you can see the Dome of the Rock, one of the most sacred Islamic sites. Fun fact for you: the Western Wall is so revered because it dates back to the 2nd Temple Period. Jews refuse to go onto the Temple Mount (Where the Dome of the Rock now is) because they do not want to desecrate the sanctity because Jews are uncertain as to where the Holy of Holies actually was. Anyway, I just love the idea that so many people come together to worship in their own ways.
- Turkey
- Jordan
- Random Jerusalem Adventures
- Camel Riding
- Galilee
- My Birthday
- Separation Wall
- Bethlehem
Also sidenote about the picture that is now part of my title. I took this picture and it is one of my all time favorite pictures. It perfectly captures what Jerusalem is. The big wall that you can see is the Western Wall so all of those people in the corner praying are Jews there to pray, read scripture, and worship. Behind the Western Wall, one of the most sacred Jewish sites, you can see the Dome of the Rock, one of the most sacred Islamic sites. Fun fact for you: the Western Wall is so revered because it dates back to the 2nd Temple Period. Jews refuse to go onto the Temple Mount (Where the Dome of the Rock now is) because they do not want to desecrate the sanctity because Jews are uncertain as to where the Holy of Holies actually was. Anyway, I just love the idea that so many people come together to worship in their own ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment